Course Name: Advanced Defensive Handgun (Defensive Handgun 1 and 2 combined) Course level: Intermediate to Expert Length: 7 Hours $ Price: 275 Force Training Center,
DEFENSIVE HANDGUN LEVEL 1&2
Course Name: Advanced Defensive Handgun
(Defensive Handgun 1 and 2 combined)
Course level: Intermediate to Expert
Length: 7 Hours
$ Price: 275
Force Training Center, Immokalee – at 8:00 am
Training to acquire a high level of confidence while responding safely to a stressful threat with speed precision in a lawful way.
When engaging in violent action and need to use the handgun, you will require more than a good marksman skill and knowledge on how to manipulate your gun. You will need to understand and master the way you fight using a firearm, thus understand the threat you are confronting.
The first step will be to understand what is happening, what is the nature of the threat to choose the best way of action. After you decided the course of action, mastering the use of the firearm is essential.
Advanced Defensive Handgun will serve the tools to establish a solid foundation to use the firearm to survive and respond to a life-threatening circumstance. The integration of new defensive methods and techniques will increase the survivability and response capabilities during a fatal incident.
Subject to be cover during this class
- The right mindset: Understanding Fight or Flight, Adrenaline, and endorphins, body and mind distortions, tunnel vision, evaluating options, and Decision making (The OODA loop)
- Mastering the handgun: Grip, combat body stance and natural and neutral shooting platform, Fast Draw, Different ways to carry,
- Target Alignment Options: Precise Sight Alignment, Flash sight picture, and point shooting
- Defensive shooting versus marksmanship
- Point-Instinctive shooting (one and both hands)
- Muscle memory explained
- Fast aiming shooting both hands
- Mastering trigger and recoil
- Movement and Shooting
- Mastering magazine change and malfunction clearing
- Shooting from a disadvantaged tactical position
- Threat response priorities
- Fast and accuracy shooting test
- 50 round point shooting test
- One hand two hand training
- Tactical respond to various threats
- Multiple shooting positions
- Using cover and concealment
- Shooting from around a corner (cover and concealment)
- Introduction to CQB (Close combat)
- Training peripheral vision
- Multiple targets, several shooting possibilities to different distances
- Friend and foe tactical drill
- Tactical Drills
- Instinctive shooting test
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The class is for shooters that possess knowledge and skills using a handgun and feel secure and comfortable while safely manipulating firearms.
Prerequisites: Participants must be capable of engaging in physical exercise and be subject to no medical restrictions.
Must-hold concealed weapons license or bring a copy of a recent criminal background check
This course employs classroom lectures and discussions, demonstrations, live shooting drills.
- 100% Attendance. Successfully complete all practical exercises.
STUDENTS MUST BRING WITH THEM
- Appropriate training attire – No open shirts or tank-top, closed-toe shoes
- A cover shirt with front buttons for concealing training
- Robust belt to carry the weight of the gun and magazines
- Ear & eye protection
- Pistol and at least three magazines
- Fitting holster
- Magazine pouch for two mags
- 250 pistol rounds – Ammunition is available to purchase at market price
- If you cannot bring the above, please let us know; we will provide eye and ear protection and a 9 mm handgun.
FORCE IMI Certifications
Contact: H Geri – firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Business Statement
We follow the Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
To protect our employees and students, Force IMI will be exercising CDC protocols to maintain healthy business operations. Our goal is to keep a healthy training environment both in the classroom and on the shooting range. We do so by applying CDC policies and practices for social distancing. Social distancing means avoiding large gatherings and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters and performing routine environmental cleaning and disinfection). Please visit the CDC site for more information.