[vc_custom_heading text="This morning Introduction to Handgun is offered from 9:00AM - 1:00PM. This course is
View all available Introduction to Handgun dates here.
INTRODUCTION TO HANDGUN
This morning Introduction to Handgun is offered from 9:00AM - 1:00PM.
This course is also offered in the afternoon - 12:30PM - 4:30PM
Introduction to the use of your firearm. The class is for current Concealed Carry License holders that would like to improve their confidence while using a firearm by enhancing safety and manipulation skills and, to those who are seeking to get concealed carry permit.
This class qualifies for a concealed carry application.
Subject to be cover during this class:
- Safe carrying and handling of the firearm.
- Safety rules, and range rules
- Firearm terminology
- Gear, Gadgets, Magazines and Different Types of ammo and the use of each one
- Concealment Holsters / Carry Options
- Body and mind response to a stressful situation
- Dominant eye explanation
- Precise Sight Alignment
- Fundamentals of handgun shooting: Shooting stands, griping, sight alignment, sight picture, trigger manipulation, and control
- Five fundamentals of pistol shooting: aiming, breath control, hold control, trigger control, and follow-through
- Distinct Carry option
- Various Drawing Techniques- Including from concealment
- Magazine Change and clearing, malfunctions
- Gun cleaning and maintenance
This course employs classroom lectures and discussions, demonstrations, live shooting drills.
100% Attendance. Successfully complete all practical exercises
STUDENTS MUST BRING WITH THEM
- Appropriate training attire (No open shirts or tank-top) Closed toe shoes
- A cover shirt with front buttons for conceal training
- Robust Belt to carry the weight of the gun and magazines.
- Eye & ear protection
- Pistol + 3 magazines
- Fitting Holster
- Magazine pouch for two magazines
- 150 pistol rounds – Ammunition is available to purchase at market price
If you are unable to bring the above, please let us know we will provide eye and year protection and a 9 mm handgun.
FORCE IMI Certifications
Contact: H Geri – firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Business Statement
We are following the Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
To protect our employees and students, Force IMI will be exercising CDC protocols to maintain healthy business operations. Our goal is to keep a healthy training environment both in the classroom and on the shooting range. We do so by applying CDC policies and practices for social distancing. Social distancing means avoiding large gatherings and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters and performing routine environmental cleaning and disinfection). Please visit the CDC site for more information.