Women's Pistol Self Defense Level 1
Violence against women is causing a global epidemic.
A recent report from the World Health Organization shows that more than a third of the women in the world are victims of sexual abuse and gender violence, something that is causing a problem of epidemic proportions according to this organization (Reuters, London Jun 20, 2013).
The rising tide of violence against women, in the various regions of the world, together with the inability of the authorities to provide adequate protection to its citizens, leads to a continued deterioration of the level of personal security.
Every female, to avoid dangerous incidents, to minimize risk and improve the standard of living, should be aware that in her hands lies much of the solution to this problem through the development of security awareness, preventive behavior and basic knowledge of the tools required to prevent the aggression and to respond assertively in case of imminent personal danger.
Our tools were adapted to civilian needs mainly to take to prevent and respond to Gender violence incidents, using real-life scenarios such as home, school, street work, etc.
Our methodology concentrates the efforts of training as close to reality as possible, starting from the pre prevention state through prevention until reaction.
Early identification of an upcoming violent incident is the most crucial issue; however, not everybody has the right skills and knowledge to perform them. If the prevention doesn’t work, we will give you the right tools to respond using self-defense shooting system .
Subject to be cover during this class:
- Legality of use Deadly force
- The purpose of a personal and home protection plan.
- Prevention tools
- The importance of conflict avoidance.
- Situational awareness.
- The color codes of awareness.
- Balance of speed and precision.
- Various defense shooting positions
- Point Shooting
- Clearing common pistol stoppages.
- Advance tactical shooting drills.
- Definition of cover and concealment.
- Shooting around a corner
- How to use the OODA loop
- Cleaning and maintain your pistol.
- To understand and use the tools to prevent getting into a violent situation and become a victim
- To stimulate the ability to use response tool using a pistol
- To promote the proactive mindset to engage from a tactically disadvantaged position
- To enhance the technical and tactical skills to survive a violent incident and eliminate threats with precision and speed
At the end of this course, participants will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with the information presented during the instructional period:Identify critical threat indicators prior to an active incident, when possible, to prevent it from occurring.
- Demonstrate defense firearm proficiency.
- Operate under high levels of stress with fortitude and aggressiveness appropriate to the situation and within the confines of the law.
- Respond using the tactical tools and skills learned during the course to neutralize the threat and survive a violent incident.
This course employees lecture, discussions, demonstrations, live fire shooting and live fire tactical drills.
100% Attendance and demonstrating safe use and manipulation of the firearm.
Who Should Attend and Prerequisites
Women that would like to improve their skill using the conceal firearm and have some training with the specific pistol they carry. Participants must have a current State-issued Concealed Carry Permit or comparable documentation and be capable of engaging in physically activity and have no medical restrictions.
Students must bring with them
- Appropriate training attire
- Eye & ear protection
- Pistol + 3 magazines
- Holster suitable for a rapid draw
- Magazine pouch for two magazines
- 200 pistol rounds
If you have any questions please contact Senior Instructor Haim Geri at firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Business Statement
We are in compliance with the Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
To protect our employees and students, Force IMI will be exercising CDC protocols to maintain healthy business operations. Our goal is to keep a healthy training environment both in the classroom and on the shooting range. We do so by applying CDC policies and practices for social distancing. Social distancing means avoiding large gatherings and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters and performing routine environmental cleaning and disinfection). Please visit the CDC site for more information.