DEFENSIVE HANDGUN LEVEL 1
Training to acquire a high level of confidence while responding safely to a stressful threat with speed precision in a lawful way.
Subject to be cover during this class
- The right mindset:Understanding Fight or Flight, Adrenaline, and endorphins body and mind distortions, tunnel vision, evaluating options and Decision making (The OODA loop)
- Mastering the handgun: Grip, combat stans and natural and neutral shooting platform, Fast Draw, Different ways to carry,
- Target Alignment Options: Precise Sight Alignment, Flash sight picture and point shooting
- Defensive shooting versus marksmanship
- Point-Instinctive shooting (one and both hands)
- Muscle memory explained
- Fast aiming shooting both hands
- Mastering trigger and recoil
- Movement and Shooting
- Mastering magazine change and malfunction clearing
- Shooting from a disadvantaged tactical position
- Threat response priorities
- Tactical Drill
- Fast and accuracy shooting test
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The class is for shooters that possess some knowledge and skills using a handgun and feel secure and comfortable while safely manipulating firearms.
This course employs classroom lectures and discussions, demonstrations, live shooting drills.
- 100% Attendance. Successfully complete all practical exercises.
STUDENTS MUST BRING WITH THEM
- Appropriate training attire – No open shirts or tank-top, closed toe shoes
- A cover shirt with front buttons for concealing training
- Robust belt to carry the weight of the gun and magazines
- Ear & eye protection
- Pistol and at least three magazines
- Fitting holster
- Magazine pouch for two mags
- 200 pistol rounds – Ammunition is available to purchase at market price
- If you are unable to bring the above, please let us know we will provide eye and year protection and a 9 mm handgun.
FORCE IMI Certifications for completion
If you have any questions please contact Senior Instructor Haim Geri at email@example.com
COVID-19 Business Statement
We are in compliance with the Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
To protect our employees and students, Force IMI will be exercising CDC protocols to maintain healthy business operations. Our goal is to keep a healthy training environment both in the classroom and on the shooting range. We do so by applying CDC policies and practices for social distancing. Social distancing means avoiding large gatherings and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters and performing routine environmental cleaning and disinfection). Please visit the CDC site for more information.