ISRAELI SINGLE OFFICER - PREVENTION AND RESPONSE METHOD
The Israeli Fighting Method. The course overviews key concepts and methodologies that influence security system design, procedures, and training of security and law enforcement personnel. Concepts include offense as a defensive approach, use of predictive profiling and security questioning, localized response capabilities, threat orientation as opposed to risk orientation, and need for quick recovery following an incident.
The Israeli active shooter response is based on the single fighter concept, which embodies striving to engage and violence of action. Officers are trained to engage an active killer with aggression, determination, speed and precision. During this course participants will learn and practice Israel’s active incident response style and tactics.
Local and state law enforcement agencies are practically always the first ones on the scene,thus time is critical to mitigate the event and to reduce the number of victims. Therefore, the work assumption will be that any armed first responder will have to engage the enemy to disrupt his actions effectively. Every delayed response will generate more victims.
Length of Course: 2 Days (16 Hours)
Prerequisites: Participants must be capable of engaging in physically rigorous exercise and be subject to no medical restrictions.
Who Should Attend: Law Enforcement ONLY.
- Comprehend the tools that can be use to prevent an active shooter incident.
- Promote the mentality to engage autonomously and from a tactically disadvantaged position.
- Enhance the single fighter technical and tactical skills to survive the attack and eliminate threats with precision and speed.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with the information presented during the instructional period:
- Identify critical threat indicators prior to an active incident, when possible, to prevent it from occurring.
- Demonstrate weapons proficiency and Krav Maga skills.
- Operate under high levels of stress with fortitude and aggressiveness appropriate to the situation and within the confines of the law.
- Respond as a single operative and demonstrate the tactics necessary to successfully neutralize the threat.
Methodologies: This course employs lecture, discussion, demonstrations, practical and surprise exercises.
Course Requirements: 100% Attendance. Successfully complete all practical exercises, including 70% of speed/accuracy shooting test
Students must bring with them:
- Appropriate training attire
- Eye & ear protection
- Pistol + 3 Magazines
- Holster suitable for a rapid draw
- Magazine pouch for two magazines
- 350 pistol rounds
Certification: FORCE IMI Certification of Completion