TACTICAL TRAINING AT NCJA: An IMI Certificate Course
Israeli Tactical Training is based on the three-fold Israeli security concept–prevention, response, and recovery. Preventing a threat is the ideal course of action. However, when prevention fails, the single fighter must respond in a way that embodies striving to engage and violence of action. Students are trained to engage an assailant with aggression, determination, speed, and precision. Once the threat has been eliminated, a speedy recovery and return to normal must take place. During this course, students will learn about methods for attack prevention and recovery and enhance their skills in response tactics.
The analysis of the enemy MO shows that his primary objective is to systematically kill as many innocents as possible and responding law enforcement/security officer is not the primary enemy target. Time is critical to mitigate the event and reduce the number of victims. Therefore, the work assumption will be that any armed first responder will must effectively engage the enemy to his actions. Every delayed action will generate more victims. This new dynamic presents a far greater complexity, determination, motivation, and propensity for a much higher degree of damage and casualties.
Length of Course:
3 Days (24 Hours)
Participants must be capable of engaging in physically rigorous exercise and be subject to no medical restrictions.
Who Should Attend:
The course is open to both active duty and retired: law enforcement, military, security personnel, and first-responders who need to upgrade their skills in executing security tasks, threat assessment, and threat response. If you have questions regarding your eligibility, contact the course organizer.
- To promote the mentality to engage autonomously and from a tactically disadvantaged position
- To enhance the single fighter technical and tactical skills to survive the attack and eliminate threats with precision and speed
At the end of this course, participants will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with the information presented during the instructional period:
- Identify critical threat indicators before an active incident, and when possible, prevent it from occurring.
- Demonstrate weapons proficiency and Krav Maga skills.
- Operate under high levels of stress with fortitude and aggressiveness appropriate to the given situation and within the confines of the law.
- Respond as a single operative and demonstrate the tactics necessary to neutralize the threat successfully.
This course employs lecture, discussion, demonstrations, practical and surprise exercises
100% Attendance. Successfully complete all practical exercises, including 70% of speed/accuracy shooting test.
Students must bring:
- Appropriate training attire
- Eye & ear protection
- Pistol + 3 magazines
- Holster suitable for a rapid draw
- Magazine pouch for 2 magazines
- 500 pistol rounds
FORCE IMI Certification of Completion
- 90% – Completion with Distinction
- 70% – Completion
- Certificate of Participation
Students must dual register:
- Register with NCJA for FREE housing on our North Carolina Justice Academy Training Portal and
- FORCE IMI web site